The Silver Beaver Award is presented by the National Council, Boy Scouts of America, through the local council to adult volunteer Scouters for their distinguished service to youth and their community. The award is made for noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered Cub Scouters, Scouters, Varsity Scouters and Venturing Leaders within territory under the jurisdiction of a local council. It is considered to be the highest award a Boy Scout council can bestow upon a volunteer Scouter.
Any registered adult Scouter (21 or older) who has a record of quality service to Scouting, his or her community and non-Scouting youth, is eligible for nomination. Download examples of Scouting service positions. Nominations will not be considered for former professional Scouters or council employees within 5 years of their leaving employment with the BSA (this means any form of full-time or part-time employment as secretary, ranger or professional-technical
position). Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
Nominations may be initiated by adults who have either served with the nominee or who are otherwise personally familiar with the nominee's service
record. The nomination must be submitted on the Silver Beaver Award Nomination Form. Out of date forms will not be accepted for evaluation. All sections
of all pages should include as much information as possible for best consideration of the nominee. New nomination forms must be submitted each year.
Nomination forms will not be carried over from the previous year. Nominations will be on a "blind" basis. The top portion of this form
will be removed during the evaluation.
Nomination Instructions | Nomination
- All nominations are due by Monday, September 13, 2013
- Send nomination electronically (preferred) to 326Advancements@scouting.org
- Mail to the Durham Scout Center, 12401 W. Maple Road, Omaha, NE 68164
- Fax to 402.431.0444
- Give the full name and titles (if any) of the nominee exactly as you want them to appear on the certificate.
- Furnish as much information as possible for each section.
- Long-established policy limits the award of the Silver Beaver to adults 21 and older who are registered with the Boy Scouts of America as volunteer Scouters.
- Explorer leaders are eligible to be awarded the William H. Spurgeon III Award.
- Nominations will not be considered for current or former professional Scouters within five (5) years of their leaving employment with the BSA.
- Other council employees (part time or full time) are eligible to receive the Silver Beaver Award based on their volunteer service, not employed service.
- Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
Recognition of the 2013 Silver Beaver Recipients, will take place in January of 2014. Date and location are to be announced.
Dale Bonge, Many Rivers
Kent Dawson, Lewis & Clark
George Haddix, Council
Melissa Ihnen, Ohwahnasee
John Ramsay, Goldenrod
Curtis Reis, Prairie Gold
Daniel Renneke, Ohwahnasee
Doug Rothgeb, Soaring Eagle
Larry Ruffner, Wagon Wheel
Kevin Whited, Many Rivers
Historical MAC Silver Beaver Awardees
The Mid-America Council would like to thank Warren Johnson and Lens Art Photography for their generosity in photographing, printing and framing of our 2012 Silver Beaver Class, for the Council Awards Reception on 1/19/13. Visit them online at www.lensart-omaha.com.