Have you heard? The BSA is using the Internet to build on our annual recruiting efforts! And the recruiting campaign is called BeAScout.
BeAScout is for parents, unit leaders, and council staff. Everyone has a role to play that can help people sign up for Scouting.
Unit leaders have a very important task. We want them to populate their unit pin so that useful information shows up on the Google map.
So how does a unit leader place information about their unit on the Google pin?
Initially, the unit leaders who can access BeAScout to set up the pin are the Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, or Crew advisor along with the unit committee chairperson and the chartered organization representative.
- They will log into MyScouting and select BeAScout from the Unit Tools section on the left. There are two options:
- Unit Pin Management: Unit Leaders use this to edit pin information.
- Unit Lead Management: Unit Leaders use this to manage incoming requests for information from parents interested in Scouting.
- The unit leader should first complete the Unit Pin Management screen. They will notice two important items on this view.
- At the bottom right in the box outlined in red is a preview of the Google pin. This is what the parent will see.
- At the bottom left is the "Fields Displayed on Google Pin" area. The Pin preview box will only display the information that the unit leader selects in this box.
BeAScout | BeAScout Webinar Presentation | BeAScout.org